2020 Definitive Guide of Best Hair Rollers to Sleep In Reviews
Hair rollers have been on the back burner for a while but there are many reasons they should be brought back. We use time and convenience as measures to make styling decisions but we need to slow down and think about the other benefits we get along with that.
Not only do rollers provide your hair with volume and a bounce that lasts the entire day, but you also get the chance to channel your inner actress by putting them on and modeling in front of the mirror.
Jokes aside, while rollers are great for styling, they also come with innumerable benefits. At this point you might already be wearing them in your sleep or even looking at your watch, reading impatiently thinking...Well that’s great, but if I can use a blow dryer for all of that, why do I need hair curlers for?
Yes blow drying again is a quick fix. It provides volume and makes your locks look great. If used continually, it increases your exposure to direct heat and can cause extreme damage in the long run. If you use rollers instead, they can also add volume, vitality, and edge.
You may want to discard the idea of using hair rollers, yes there are now many different types of hair curlers that have been introduced that are easy to use, less time consuming and convenient.
But we're here to discuss and explore a small list of the best curlers to sleep in. Please refer to the table below to see our top picks of hair curlers to sleep in.
1. Curlformers Short Spiral Curls
This is a great alternative to heat based products as it keeps your hair healthy. It also comes with a step by step instruction manual on how to use the kit.
You can create curls, waves, volumes with zero heat damage. Let your damp hair dry naturally inside Curlformers. Its unique mesh construction is great for weak and fragile hair and works great for hair extensions as well.
TIP: You need the hook to actually style the curls with the curl formers. If you have a thick head of hair, you might need 3-4 packs.
Qunson 6/12pcs Sleep in Velcro Cling Roller Sponge Foam Tools Design
These products are made from sponge and velcro making them an ideal overnight hair curler. They stay in place throughout the night and do not tangle at all. Because they are softer than regular rollers, one could think that they won’t be as effective. However, if you leave them on for the night you will wake up with beautiful, voluminous locks that will turn heads wherever you go.
2. Diane by Fromm Twist-flex Rods
This product is all about the volume and bouncy curls without any heat damage.
The rods are flexible and light and available in different lengths so they work well for any type of hair. You don’t even need any pins or clips.
Few tips on how to use it:
1. Start with a small section, apply styling product from root to tip and make sure that the section is properly detangled.
2. Wrap the ends first and rotate your hair around the same area 1-2 times.
3. Space the strands close together for a tight curl & further apart for a looser curl. Fold the ends to secure Flexirod.
4. Always allow your hair to dry completely before taking down. Air dry or use a dryer.
5. To take down, unravel in the opposite direction
Consumers claim that it is a great replacement for digital perms.
3. Conair Soft Foam Rollers
This product is a quick slip that helps create tight, defined curls. It is super easy to sleep in and prevents breakage. It is even color coded for all types of hair and textures. It can be used either dry or wet.
In order to have tight, defined curls try using it without product or styling solutions. The curl rollers are comfortable making it easy to sleep on. The foam construction prevents breakage and splitting due to grabbing caused by other roles. They are available in assorted sizes and are color coded in order to produce curls of the same shape and size.
Tips to use: Try rolling your hair all the way up and spray it with a spray bottle. While it might seem like not all your hair will get wet, it does! What you get are tight, well-formed curls (lasting up to three days)
4. Conair Self-Grip Rollers
Another product that requires no pins or clips and is self-grip designed to create smaller, bouncier curls. Through these self-grip rollers, you can create effortlessly bouncy curls without any fuss of old fashioned rollers. The largest rollers are perfect for body and to smooth out wavy hair.
TIP: How to use for thin hair
1. Wash with your favorite shampoo and use a conditioner to help brush out any kinks.
2. Flip your hair and comb with your head upside down. Add mousse to create more volume Sit with this for around 15 minutes.
3. Take off the towel and being by blow drying the hair at the back of your head. Using a round brush can help keep the strands straight.
4. Starting from the top of your head, take small sections and lift each section at the root. Spray it with some hairspray and run a round brush through your locks.
5. Leave on for about ten minutes and then pull the roller out gently so that it unwinds.
5. Jorbest Absorbent Sleep Rollers
This product is made from a double velvet and sponge column and is perfect for people who are worried about how time-consuming hair curling can be.
This curler is super-fast and can create curls within a few minutes without damaging it at all. It also allows your mane to be malleable and can be redone for any urgent part or occasion.
Back to the homepage